Monday, May 30, 2011

Possible Delay

It seems that my block has finally gone away.

For the past four days, I have not written anything, unfortunately. I managed to get struck by inspiration four days ago, and that inspiration has screwed me over.

That doesn't make sense, does it?

Well let me explain. I only need inspiration when I'm coming up with ideas and plans. When I'm writing, I don't really need inspiration. In fact, naturally occuring inspiration does not help me when I'm writing. If I need inspiration, I can listen to music and forcibly alter my mood.

Naturally occuring inspiration often leaves me with new plans.

In short, I was feeling incredibly inspired to write an urban fantasy story during these past four days, but I knew better than to actually do it. The interest would have faded with the inspiration. I know that from experience.

Unfortunately, I could not write anything while I was dealing with that. Thus, I'm behind schedule.

I will still finish the actual writing on June 9th, provided that I don't suffer any further delays. Whether I release it on the planned date is another matter, though. It all depends on how fast I can get it accurately edited. Hopefully, I'll only need to do three of my thorough edits to get the book in shape. If it takes 7, like I had planned for initially, then I'll be forced to put Through the Flames out on June 20th, instead of June 15th.

If I've learned anything from this, it is this: never plan on writing a book that exceeds 100,000 words in a period of a month and a half, especially if you know that you're not going to be able to write every single day.

If I had written one chapter per day, as I originally planned, I'd finish the book on June 6th, which would leave me with seven days to edit and one day to format. It would have been a simple schedule that did not require that much work.

Naturally, the best laid plans of mice and men run astray. I went a few days without writing chapters- some out of choice and some out of a lack of electricity. In order to fix that, I have to speed up the production of chapters, which simply means that I have to go from writing two hours a day to four hours a day.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

I'll post again on June 1st.

I don't expect that I'll be posting again between June 1st and June 15th though. I'll be staying busy, and spending time writing blog posts will cut into my time for writing.

I suppose the only good news is that my inspiration returned to The Sword of Kirakath today, and I was able to plan out the eight plotlines that tie the nine plots of my series together.

Wow, that sounded a bit confusing.

Oh well, it didn't confuse me at least.

Once again, thanks for reading. Have a nice day/night.

6 comments:

Krystal Wade said...

Don't you hate that? Sometimes stories pop into my head in the middle of writing. I'll stop, jot the ideas down, return to writing only to constantly be nagged by the other story. I set a schedule to have my second book finished by September and for whatever reason ideas (a.k.a. annoyances) keep springing into my head for other books. It's driving me mad.

I've heard you should write the story that's nagging you the most, but I keep flipping between three! None of them can decide which is more important.

Good luck with your deadline.

Ryne said...

Yeah, it tends to be pretty annoying, but that's life for ya.

I keep telling myself that I have to do this series before anything. As it is, I have 18 other series ideas right now with basic premises on my computer, so I should be able to stay busy for a while once this series is done.

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, nike roshe, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet online, tiffany jewelry, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin uk, jordan pas cher, air max, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, nike free, michael kors pas cher, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, polo outlet, nike air max, christian louboutin, nike free run, tiffany and co, nike air max, prada handbags, burberry pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, gucci handbags, tory burch outlet

oakleyses said...

coach outlet, polo lacoste, uggs outlet, coach purses, nike air force, hollister uk, timberland pas cher, guess pas cher, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, nike air max uk, sac hermes, hogan outlet, true religion jeans, north face uk, nike roshe run uk, burberry handbags, nike tn, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet online, ray ban uk, nike free uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, lululemon canada, nike blazer pas cher, coach outlet store online, uggs outlet, michael kors, burberry outlet, hollister pas cher, north face, converse pas cher, new balance, true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, mulberry uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, oakley pas cher, nike air max, nike air max uk, replica handbags

oakleyses said...

beats by dre, louboutin, hermes belt, iphone cases, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, gucci, giuseppe zanotti outlet, mont blanc pens, celine handbags, nike air max, vans, north face outlet, soccer jerseys, new balance shoes, lululemon, bottega veneta, ray ban, converse outlet, asics running shoes, hollister clothing, herve leger, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, valentino shoes, hollister, ghd hair, reebok outlet, nike trainers uk, converse, timberland boots, soccer shoes, vans outlet, nike air max, oakley, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, insanity workout, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, baseball bats, instyler, hollister, babyliss, nike roshe run, jimmy choo outlet, nike huaraches, longchamp uk, ralph lauren, ferragamo shoes

oakleyses said...

toms shoes, canada goose jackets, juicy couture outlet, pandora uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, coach outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, ugg, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, supra shoes, montre pas cher, swarovski, links of london, barbour uk, moncler, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, pandora charms, louis vuitton, barbour, louis vuitton, canada goose, lancel, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, canada goose, moncler, swarovski crystal, wedding dresses, replica watches, karen millen uk, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, moncler uk, canada goose, moncler, doudoune moncler, hollister, moncler