Thursday, May 5, 2011

Through the Flames- Chapter 4 and Other News

As you should remember, all three sample chapters have been posted. I won't be posting any more sample chapters, despite the fact that Chapter 4 will almost certainly be included in a Kindle sample when the book is published.

With that in mind, I'd like to say that I just finished Chapter 4 of Through the Flames.It's longer than any of the first three chapters, thankfully, but it's still not as long as I would have liked. Oh well, I still think it's a good chapter.

Now, I'm going to move on to the "Other News" that is indicated in this post title.

The first bit of news is that the release date has been change. Keep in mind that the release date is not exact, but I've changed it from July 1st, which was my original plan. Instead, I suspect that it will be for sale on June 15th. If I keep up how I've been writings, I'll complete it sooner than I have planned.

To make things clear, the actual writing should be finished no later than June 10th. I plan to edit as I go for the most part. By that, I mean that I have the book divided into three parts, in my head at least. I'll edit one part once I finish writing all the chapters in it. The same goes for the second and third parts. Thus, the third part is the only one that I should need to edit after the actual writing is done.

Next, I have to say that the world of Terra Fatum- the world that The Sword of Kirakath is set in- is amazing, even to me. It feels as though I'm still discovering it. That's possibly why I expect that The Sword of Kirakath will only be one series set in the world. I'm quite interested in telling the tales of Kyran and Sir Edmond, along with writing a prequel- maybe a prequel trilogy- that centers on the amazing Michael Sullivan.

I feel that so many books set in this world would be a good idea, and I could easily keep using the same website for all of them, though I'd need to change some pages around a bit since the current homepage of the website is all about The Sword of Kirakath series.

Finally, I'll move on to the final bit of news, which isn't even really news at all if you've paid attention to me closely.

Through the Flames will be released with a $2.99 price tag. At least, the Kindle version will. The price will be dropped to $0.99 when the third book is released, which I expect to happen in December of this year. At that time, I intend to release an omnibus containing the first three books, though the omnibus will be an e-book exclusive thing.

So in short, Through the Flames will be $2.99 until December, though I plan to do occasional (temporary) price drops for certain holidays. That price will permanently drop to $0.99 when I have three books out, but it will be the only e-book in the series (that is planned) to drop below $2.99 permanently.

When the omnibus is released, which will be the same day as the third book, the price will be...

Well, maybe I should say what the individual books would be together first. That'll give a bit of perspective. With Through the Flames at $0.99, The Shadows of Caldreth at $2.99, and The Witch of Akabar at $2.99, the three e-books would cost $6.97.

I plan on putting the omnibus up for $5.49. Newcomers to the series could easily save a bit of money and buy the entire omnibus.

These are just some loose plans for the rest of the year. Keep that in mind.

When the series is complete, I might do a complete omnibus, but I don't know about that. With a 9-12 book series, an omnibus would be a difficult thing to do. There's also no way I'd sell it for less than $14.99, which would get the book tagged by the $9.99 boycotters. That would definitely annoy me.

Those are more idle thoughts than anything though. I don't imagine the series being complete until at least 2013, which means that it's way too early to talk about what I'll do at that point. We all know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men, after all.

Anyways, that's it for now. Thanks for reading.

No comments: